Online: Hazwoper First Responder Awareness|
REFRESHER COURSE "ERAWARE"
This course is designed for individuals who are likely to witness or
discover a hazardous substance release and who have been trained to
initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper
authorities of the release. They would take no further action beyond
notifying the authorities of the release.
Recorded course - Available on demand
• Understanding the risks associated with hazardous
• Use of the Safety Data Sheet and other guidance
• Recognition – Utilizing OSHA GHS, DOT Hazmat, NFPA labeling
• Hazardous substance identification
• Incident Command System
• Evacuation procedures
• Company emergency response plans
• Use of the US DOT Emergency Response Guidebook
• Incidental spills vs Emergency Response
Students may stop and restart this course at their own pace. The course
consists of video, practice problems and an examination. Students should
allocate approximately 2 to 2.5 hours at the computer in order to
complete this course. Upon successful completion of an online test,
students will be issued a certificate. Students can always call or
e-mail an instructor while working on course materials.